Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of School

Zachary's school day started at 5AM on Monday with a smile--got to get up early to catch that school bus. He is enjoying himself at Cashman (thus far) and he's been really good and enthusiastic about attending a magnet school which focuses on science and math. He enjoys his classes and can't wait until his locker is ready for him to start using it in a couple of weeks. Now if the buses could just get him home when they say they will.


Nicholas and Mackenzie on their first day of school back at Elizondo. Nicholas is going into 4th grade and making the move back to track 5 which means some new and familiar faces in his class.


Mackenzie gets a hug from Mrs. Messerli, her new Kindergarten teacher. Mrs. Messerli was Nicholas' Kindergarten teacher when we moved her to Las Vegas. Has it really been 5 years?? We wish the kids all the best this school year! Make us proud!

3 comments:

Sheree Flick Photography said...

So fun! I really miss seeing you guys 3 times a week! This year I have some very busy and interesting kids and some mothers who are a different breed of themselves! Good luck with the new school year! :)

Kim said...

Hi
I know you! ....and cute family! Okay, Christine and I were in Camp Fire girls (and I think your mom was a leader one year!) and one year we all had girls from the Lamanite Placement Program. Oh, I am Kim Riggs from Cerritos 2nd Ward. I was looking at a friends blog - and someone made a comment that intrigued me, so I went to that blog and found your name...and lo and behold...sometimes I DO have a memory. Have never met another Canata family besides yours.... and then I saw the picture of you and your parents with the airplane and AM SURE I remember your family! Too fun.....so, how and where are your parents and sister? Would you say hi to them...well, maybe you don't remember....but thanks for the trip down memory land. Kim
Oh, I don't remember if your are close in age to your sister - but I have a little brother...Kevin...if that rings any bells...

Cardalls said...

Such cute kiddos! Hope MacKenzie LOVES kindergarten!