Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cannata Family Reunion

This year the family reunion was at my brother David's house in Tucson. The weather was great; not too hot, but hot enough to hit the swimming pool. What do we do at our family reunion? Mostly hang out, chat, play games, swim and eat. We started the party at Aquas Caliente Park, a desert oasis.


I'm not sure how long we were here before Ashley fell in the water.
She was fine, but she got to change clothes.


Our friend Lori and Zachary at the park. We had a fierce game of Ultimate Frisbee and Three Flies Up. The victors were team Mickey (green shirt), Zac, Jess and Rene.


Ashley in her new outfit. I swear, that girl loves heals. Even though she could ride this bike, I'm not sure she knows what she's doing here.


My brother-in-law Duane came with Stevie and Mickey. We missed my sister, Chris, who was at a bridal shower for my niece, Markie, who is getting married in August.


We love to eat and David's wife, Leticia, did a wonderful job. In this picture (moving clockwise) is the back of David's head, Leticia, Jenny (Harry's wife), Harry (Leticia's son), Amy (Leticia's daughter, Jess, Mom (Kathy).


Kristin and Rene (Amy's daughter).


Lori took this picture of the kids before we left for church. Zac 12, Nic 9, Mackenzie 6, and Ashley 2.


Nicholas taking a break with his cousin Joseph.


Nicole, Mackenzie and Rene. The three cousins were unseparable.


Ashley and Grandma Kathy.


We went to Colossal Caves. Ashley had the best seat and view, til she bonked her head.


Cool caves.


Ashley hamming it up in the cave.


Jess and Leticia hanging out in the cave.


The view of Tucson outside the cave.

Ashley and Lori.

Desert prickley pear flower. Playing around with my macro focus on my point and shoot. Man I love this camera.

Finding out what's in Zac's geode.



The end result. Kinda cool, eh?

3 comments:

tavia said...

wow looks like the best time.I love hanging out with family its the best.

randi said...

That looks like fun. It's crazy to me how big your kids are getting!

Shanna said...

Looks like fun!